A Note From Our Director, Dr. Shirnett Matthews
Hello, my sisters; I am so excited to announce that we are putting together our first Women’s Leadership Conference! I hope that you will make every effort to be a part of this event.
Over the years, criticism of women’s ministry has been the focus of many discussions, blogs, and magazines. These forums question the need for these meetings and whether or not they serve a purpose in ministry beyond a place for “social gathering.” My answer to these criticisms is that there is a biblical need for women in ministry that is clearly stated in the Old and New Testaments. God called and equipped them according to His purposes. Tabitha/Dorcas was a disciple, Phoebe was a deaconess, Priscilla was a teacher, and Deborah was a judge (leader) over all of Israel. In this same way, God calls and equips women today to leadership and empowers them with gifts, skills, and talents to use in various capacities within the church. Now more than ever, women’s ministry needs to be on the forefront – gospel-centered, disciple-making, and Great Commission-minded.
Women’s ministry is a unique occasion where women minister to other women through mentorship, Bible study, speaker events, hospitality, or service. There is a uniqueness to our gender, and we can understand and express that uniqueness as sisters in Christ. With these gifts, we can empower each other to serve. To serve effectively, we need a basic foundation of knowledge of the Word and a solid platform from which to launch. So, join us for the upcoming leadership conference to enhance your journey in ministry.
WHEN: September 10-11, 2021
(Friday: 9:30 am - 9:00 pm and Saturday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
- $135.00 (you can register until September 1st, but the discount room rate will not be available beyond August 10th, and a room at DoubleTree cannot be guaranteed).
- $125.00 - Early bird special until July 23rd.
- $110.00 - If you RSVP’d at the Ladies Day on June 12th AND have a form on file with me.
**Your registration fee helps to pay the speakers and various necessities for the conference. Dinner on Friday night is included in your fee. Lunch will be on your own for both days.
Discount room rate: $129.00 per night (up to 4 people per room) includes two (2) breakfast coupons for FREE breakfast per room.
***PLEASE NOTE: Breakfast at a discount rate of $10.00 per person is available for purchase to all attendees, even if you do not stay at the DoubleTree.
Reservations for your room will be on your own: You can make an online reservation at the link provided above, or you can call (866) 247-3572, use group code WML.
The deadline for this discounted rate is August 10th.
- You can check into your room at the discounted rate of $129.00 per night three days before the event and stay up to 3 days after.
- Check-in/registration will start on Thursday, September 9th at 3 pm in the hotel lobby, and will continue Friday at 8 am.
Question: Do you have to stay at the Hotel to attend the conference?
Answer: No. All meals except dinner on Friday will be on your own.
- Kathy Creasy: Executive Director of Leadership Development and Discipleship and Director of Center for Biblical Leadership for COGOP. She works at our headquarters in Cleveland, TN.
- Sharon Farruggia: Lead Pastor at Harvest Christian Fellowship (HCF), Knoxville, TN.
These ladies have many years of experience in various ministries and are strong leaders and teachers. The information provided over these two days will help you lay a strong foundation for your ministry and help you re-think and re-structure your current ministry platforms.
Focus for the conference: Laying the foundation – “the ripple effect.”
I am very excited about this event, and I am looking forward to seeing you!
SC State Women’s Ministry Director
Contact info: Text or call (856) 520-6730 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is the link to the application: